Educational Psychology (Scotland)
The Society qualification in Educational Psychology (Scotland) (Stage 2)
Completing the Qualification gives you the necessary post graduate training to achieve the Society's Chartered status and be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
To offer services as an Educational Psychologist in Scotland you will have to register with the HCPC.
Below is a list of documents that are useful for current candidates enrolled onto the Society's Qualification in Educational Psychology (Scotland) Stage 2:
- Regulations for the Society's Postgraduate Qualifications
- Candidate Handbook
- Study Guide for Independent Candidates
All candidates must complete the Registration Form for Assessment and send this to the Qualifications Officer, one month in advance of their intended submission date with payment.
- Guidance notes: change of setting form
- Change of setting form
- EPC guidance notes
- Evaluation of professional competence form
- Plan of training
- Quarterly supervisory meeting records sheet
- Sample account of work
Work place evidence
Below are the documents required for submission:
- Evaluation of professional competence (EPC) form
- Practice and reflective log
- Quarterly supervisory meeting record sheet
Candidates must submit one electronic copy (pdf format) of all documentation via the Society’s drop box.
In accordance with the Postgraduate Regulations for Society Qualifications, the Qualifications Officer will not amend any submissions.
The assessment of submissions take approximately three months and you will be informed in writing of the outcome of your assessment.
Supervisors and supervision for the qualification in Educational Psychology (Scotland) (Stage 2)
All fees are reviewed annually and cover specific enrolment periods. Current fees can be found on the fee sheet.
- Accreditation criteria for Accredited Services in Educational Psychology Scotland
- Educational Psychology Assessment in Scotland
- Quality Management in Local Authority Educational Psychology Services - Self Evaluation Toolkit & Quality Improvement
- Review of the Provision of Educational Psychology Services in Scotland
- Supporting Children's Learning - Code of Practice
- Curriculum for Excellence
- Assessment is for Learning
- Getting it Right for Every Child (GiRFEC) - Multi Agency Working
Contact the Qualifications Team
Phone: +44 (0)116 252 9505
Fax: +44 (0)116 227 1314
Email: [email protected]
The British Psychological Society
St Andrews House
48 Princess Road East